While it’s starting to get warmer outside, we still find ourselves enjoying the cheesiest comfort foods this time of year. One of our favourites has got to be Mac and Cheese. Check out our beer-flavoured twist on this classic dish below:
1) Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente.
2) In the oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in the milk, beer and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3) Reduce heat. Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese, fontina cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese until melted. Add chives.
4) Drain macaroni; stir into sauce. Transfer to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
5) Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Top with crumbled bacon. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Share some of your favourite macaroni and cheese recipes with us on our Facebook page today!